Director, Corporate And Project Finance
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead the negotiation of financing projects with lenders and legal counsels;
- Direct lender due diligence processes, including liaising with lenders, external consultants and staff from several internal departments including Tax, Treasury, Operations, Power Marketing, and, Legal;
- Support both the Mergers & Acquisitions and Development teams by performing due diligence on acquisition targets’ capital structures and providing strategies to put in place sustainable capital structures for contemplated projects;
- Develop and negotiate term sheets, credit agreements and other finance documents;
- Manage and oversee transaction team in the preparation of financial models for various financing projects;
- Develop financing strategies and prepare financing presentations for management, investors and Board of Directors;
- Prepare Offering Memorandums and Prospectus to support capital raising activities; and,
- Support the VP, Project Finance in various related activities.
- Experience in banking and/or the power industry would be an asset;
- Able to deal effectively with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Solid analytical abilities and focus on detail;
- Negotiation experience would be an asset;
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities;
- Solid organizational ability, resourcefulness and takes initiative;
- Ability to work in a team setting; and,
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in corporate and/ or project finance;
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance and/or an MBA; and,
- Recognized designation (CFA, CA, CGA, CMA) would be an asset.