Reporting to the Supervisor, Operations, you will have an electrical or mechanical background and assist in all aspects of operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of our Shekak hydro generating station near Hearst, ON. The position is multi-disciplinary and physical labour will be required.
Other tasks include, but are not limited to: inspection, maintenance and repair of turbine and generators, high voltage switchyard, remote dams, and intake and control gates. The candidate will work on systems used in electronics, programming and electrical networks, such as, but not limited to, PLC, substation equipment, electrical lines, electrical protection, meters, communication links, SCADA systems and technical drawings. Duties also include standby and emergency call out, on a rotating basis.
- Diploma in electronic, electrical or mechanical engineering technology, electromechanical or instrumentation from an accredited college;
- Excellent working knowledge of PLCs, electronic and communication equipment, SCADA systems, and electronic relay protection.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in an industrial trade (electrical or mechanical), preferably in hydroelectric power stations;
- Working knowledge of safety regulations, EUSA safety rules, generation and transmission systems as well as their controls and operations, would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work effectively without supervision while collaborating in a teamwork-based environment;
- Desire and aptitude to gain additional skills and knowledge;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preference will be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry who self-identify.