Reporting to the Operations Leader, you will have a mechanical background and assist in all aspects of operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of our Powell River Energy Inc., hydro facilities near Powell River, BC.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on hydroelectric generators and auxiliary equipment such as pumps, compressors, overhead cranes and governors.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, dismantle, align, assemble and adjust mechanical equipment and machinery to maintain efficient operating condition.
- Inspection and monitoring of dams, water conveyance systems, spillways, generating stations, electrical lines, substations and associated equipment.
- All aspects of the operation of the power system including starting/stopping of generating units, opening/closing intake or spill gates, draining/filling of penstocks, utilization of SCADA system and technical drawings.
- Be responsible for the establishment and holding of necessary work protection (lockout) and completion of safety documentation.
- Interface with contractors and act as contractor monitor when required.
- Complete inspection reports and documentation as required.
- Participate in an “on call” system (rotating basis).
- One of the following; Millwright Certification, Industrial Mechanic Certification
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the trade, preferably in hydroelectric power stations;
- Working knowledge of safety regulations, generation and transmission systems as well as their control and operations, would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work effectively without supervision while collaborating in a teamwork-based environment;
- Desire and aptitude to gain additional skills and knowledge;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.