Reporting to the Manager, Real-Time Trading, the Real-Time Trader’s role is to protect Brookfield Renewable Energy Group’s interests in the intra-day hourly markets. The incumbent is responsible for maximizing the generation revenues on a real-time basis by minimizing the impact of operational constraints and capturing the flexibility of the assets within the generation and transmission portfolio in the real time markets.
- Bid Brookfield’s generation into ISOs / RTOs as applicable;
- Ensure that capacity schedules are bid correctly at all relevant interties;
- Monitor real time markets and take advantage of arbitrage opportunities between markets;
- Re-supply contracts and mitigate financial implications of curtailed energy transactions and schedules;
- Provide real-time information to each of the regional desks;
- Maintain the power trading system (record, enter and verify transactions);
- Assist in any other tasks as required by the Trading desk.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience;
- Experience in real-time trading is an asset;
- Working knowledge of French would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of OASIS transmission reservations systems, OATI tagging systems and ISO scheduling systems;
- Knowledge of PJM and Southeast markets is an asset;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Internet Explorer;
- Solid abilities in working under pressure;
- Must be highly accurate and detail-oriented;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Teamwork and ability to communicate are critical;
- Candidates must be willing to work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule.